Thursday, November 21, 2002

The First of Many Fun Things!

I'm totally in love with old aesthetics. The 50s B-Movies, the crazy psychedlic illustration of the 60s, the brilliance of film noir during the later 1930s. As a designer, I find it pretty damn cool to mimick these old aesthetics, and apply them to projects as I see fit. For Hallowe'en this year, I dressed up as the original Shaft, played by none other than Richard Roundtree himself. Anyway, I had a great time and it was a pretty wicked party.

My friend Ian and I are geeks, so we thought it would be fun to take some digital photos. So we did. And I, being even geekier, decided to take one of the excellent photos and (using my mad phat Photoshop skillz) turn in into a 1970s Blaxploitation movie poster, with a desktop resolution of 800 x 600! Behold…



Oh yeah - and that's my real hair. And, no, I didn't backcomb it or anything. I simply didn't use any product. Maybe I'll put on another pic which shows the true magnitude...