Friday, May 30, 2003

Aha! Apartment!

Briefly:

Wednesday: saw an apartment that was utter squallor. The lady renting it was crazy and disorganized –– she had to clean a path on the floor for me to walk around the apt., and apparently there was a whack load of furniture that came with the place. Probably the landlord's idea of free storage.

There was an overwhelming smell of decay and dirty socks, a gross kitchen and graffiti on every kitchen cabinet. Cripes! I didn't even ask to see the bathroom.

Got back to the studio, and on a whim, tried calling a BoardWalk property. Turns out they have a bachelor renting on June 15th. Currently being renovated, hence the 15th, the suite will have new carpeting, new counters, new lino and new appliances. I get downtown on my bike in record time, see the place (it's gorgeous and the building has a pool, hot tub and sauna), and put the money down. Found out today that I got it! Woo!

Had a wicked day so far: apartment's mine, got some great work potential, sunny and gorgeous outside, and I just ran into a friend who I haven't seen in a year since she ran off to Vancouver.

All in all, pretty damn good.

No comments: