Tuesday, June 08, 2004

It Moves!

A friend threw me a link to a beautifully executed Quicktime video today. Whether or not you agree with the political message, the piece is very well crafted and definitely worth viewing.
Video now offline, sorry.

And on a similar note, the end titles to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban are beautiful. They are, without a doubt, some of the best title graphics that I have seen in a very long time. It's a simple, logical premise, executed with absolutely gorgeous typography. Small cap ligatures and swash capitals anyone? It's a great movie as well.

And on a final note, Hannah came by today to help me get my place in order. Taking full advantage of a newly mounted shelf, she put her retail experience to use and arranged my Daleks in a manner that brought a tear to my eye. I had planned on posting a photo, but Tricky Pup pointed out that I might possibly be addicted to Daleks.

Yes. Well.

2 comments:

trickypup said...

I would love to see the photo. Honestly. Bring on the Daleks. I'm not saying I won't tease you about it later, but then in turn you can tease me about how many photos Zara has of me on her site looking really drunk. Cos that's what friends are for!

zara said...

Here is a thread on Typophile about the Harry Potter credits…

http://www.typophile.com/forums/messages/30/38749.html?1088194142