Wednesday, May 11, 2005

News from the Front. And Waffles.

Just some news for those who I haven't had a chance to talk to yet.

• I'm soon to be gainfully unemployed. Having quit my job, my last day is the 17th.
• I don't have another job lined up. I'm looking. Feel free to drop me a line: gov @ interbaun.com
• Of course, this is somewhat inopportune, as I'm leaving for the UK and Italy on the 27th.
• Birthday plans, this Friday at Cobalt on College Street. Be there!
• No new Dalek stuff. Sorry.

Some of you know of my passion for waffles (shut up!), so there's good news. Thanks to two kind friends, I'm now the proud owner of a beautiful, chromey waffle-maker. Anyone up for brunch this Sunday?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Don't worry about not having a job. Not having a job is much, much more fun than having a job. For instance, when it's nice out you can go to the beach--even it's Tuesday.

You can also be a great friend: you've always got time! (ie. this comment.)

And the ladies? The ladies love unemployed men. They're always around! They'll make you lunch AND dinner. They can do your errands. They aren't stressed or busy so they can make sure that you aren't stressed or busy. (Get your hands on Jane Ross's article "Goodbye, Metrosexual.")

In the winter, apply to a few mega-companies in Silicon Valley. If there is no design work, re-design your resume. Why? Free trip to California. For added fun, pretend that the mindfuck-interviews are really mindfuck battles.

Also be sure to let your friends know how hard you are trying to find a job. They'll totally take you out to dinner.