Wednesday, February 04, 2009

New work: Hand-drawn Type Book Cover

I'm a huge fan of Penguin Books, in no small part because of their fantastic design heritage. In fact, I own more than a few books about the Penguin's design process and their covers. Understandably, I was quite thrilled to discover that Penguin is now offering editions of classic books with blank covers, a promotion called My Penguin.

This past Christmas, for one of L's gifts, I drew up a cover for one of her favourite books, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Given that I've always known/ called the book "Alice in Wonderland" (doesn't everybody?), I designed the typography to reflect the more commonly known title.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it.

Cynthia B. Demented said...

Amazing! Beautiful! You should send it to MyPenguin have it in the gallery!